- Automatically extracts hardcoded strings
- Extracts only "the right strings"
- Creates resource file with extracted strings
- Updates hardcoded strings after software update
- Works with individual files and folders
- Runtime preview of source code files
- Highly customizable templates
- Review and editing of extracted strings
- Supports C/C++, C#, Java, Visual Basic.NET, WPF, Silverlight, XAML and Delphi.
How it works
Lingobit Extractor extracts hardcoded strings from sources and replaces them with a code template that loads string from resources. The tool also creates resource file with extracted text. For example, C++ code
will be automatically replaced with
where _LS is a function that loads string from resources, IDS_HELLO is an automatically generated ID for string that is placed into resource script file.
While Lingobit Extractor performs about 95% of the work, the tool makes it easy for you to inspect which strings should and shouldn't be moved to the resource file. There are a lot of configuration options so you can control every stage of extraction process. Furthermore, you can preview all changes in source code and edit extracted strings in resource table.
It is very useful tool for software developers, translation and localization agencies and other companies that face software localization challenge. It automates hardcoded string extraction process and makes it very easy to prepare source code for software localization.
Lingobit Extraction supports string extraction for most commonly used programming languages